Monday, January 27, 2014

Lift Ladies LIFT!

I absolutely love this article on Bodybuilding.com on why women need to lift heavy weights. If these experts aren't convincing enough, let this Mama tell you 10 reasons why I began lifting.


  1. To feel stronger
  2. To push myself to extraordinary limits
  3. To shock myself when I figure out what my body can do
  4. To feel more comfortable in my own skin
  5. To start a passion and a drive for more
  6. To get excited and imagine what my body can do next
  7. To see a transformation and enjoy the results
  8. To have more energy 
  9. To lift my son and carry him without getting winded

    And the most important one........
  10. To get rid of the WONKY BABY BELLY!!!

I telly you ladies, lift, just do it. Do it because it will make you feel better about yourself. And don't just lift 5 pound weights and be happy about it. Increase your weight so you can increase your strength! So you can increase the competition you have with yourself. Challenge yourself to do more, to be more, and to know more.


Cardio just doesn't cut it, our bodies were meant to do extraordinary things. Our muscles long to be worked hard. They want a challenge and I think we all have it in ourselves to rise up and try something new.

I love this picture of Rebel Wilson from Pitch Perfect, they are my feelings exactly. I'm not trashing cardio, I love it, all in its own moderation. Treadmills, dance fitness, and stair climbers that are paired with some good old fashioned barbells is a great marriage I think!

Lift a weight, you won't be sorry you did.
And if you are, well.....unfortunately there is no refund for quitters.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment