Sunday, February 2, 2014

Protein Pancakes

If you crave sugar like I do, then flip up some delicious pancakes, and they will help to stifle the need to BINGEEEEEE.
Protein can help to level out your blood sugar levels so you don't have highs and lows. I always find after eating some solid protein, I can happily walk away from sugar, and not be HANGRY about it.



Let's be honest, we've all been here..... ;)


I realized I hadn't eaten enough today, so I wanted something with some decent macros
Thankfully I found everything in my cupboard, and it took less than 10 minutes to whip it up!

Start with one serving of quick oats, I use 1/3 cup of Quaker. Grind it up so it's a fine powder:
Add in your choice of protein powder, I love Elite Whey Protein, the flavours are awesome! For these pancakes I used Buttercream Toffee. 
You can use the Vitacost link at the bottom of the post to get ten dollars off of your order.

I also added in my favourite powdered peanut butter. PB2 is amazing, it's all natural and has 1/2 the calories and fat of regular peanut butter, with close to the same flavour. It's not Kraft, but it's clean :) 
 I threw in one serving of PB2 which is 2tbsp's. Mix in 1/2 tsp of baking powder for a bit of FLUFF!

Add in your liquid, you can use water, regular milk, soy, whatever you like. My favourite is vanilla almond milk. With only 45 calories in a cup, and a great taste, you can't go wrong. Plus it's lactose free, so if you don't do well with cow's milk this is a perfect alternative.
 I added about 3/4 cup of almond, but go by consistency. It should be thick, and somewhat like regular pancake batter.

Throw that batter on your grill and voila! I used 1tsp of butter to grease my pan, but if you have a non stick pan or non stick cooking spray, that's just as good.

I smothered my pancakes in Walden Farms calorie free syrup, and it was perfect. Again.....Vitacost. I Haven't been able to find WF's products in Canada yet, so I love this website for finding all those delicious American goodies. Click here for the $10.00 off coupon.


I got 4 pancakes out of the batch, and it contained 500 calories and 42 grams of protein.

Sugar craving curbed, daily intake complete. Taste buds satisfied. YUM.



No comments:

Post a Comment