Monday, January 27, 2014

Protein Cake

My newest lesson in eating clean is that clean can be delicious, but if you have preconceived notions in your head of how food should taste, then forget it, your creation will be disgusting.
When on a new clean creation adventure I try to have an open mind and think that this food is going to fuel my body; and if I'm eating it to stifle a sugar craving, then it too will help my body.
This afternoon I made something quite delicious, though it has more of flavour I have yet to fully fall in love with. That taste of 'clean', it seriously is an acquired taste!
With only 6 ingredients I made a personal sized cake, some call it a mug cake, some call it a muffin, I call it the mother of all protein cakes. This was a Tupperware cake, and clearly I used too much baking powder.

I combined all of the following ingredients into a small Tupperware container that was sprayed with a non stick cooking spray. (UGH I know, so bad for you)


  1. Scoop of chocolate protein powder (leave out about 1 tbsp)
  2.  1tbsp of Cocoa
  3. 1/4 cup of almond milk (leave out about 1tbsp)
  4. 1/4 cup of liquid egg whites
  5. 4tbsp of white rice flour
  6. 1tsp of baking powder (maybe too much? haha)


It has the perfect consistency of boxed chocolate cake before it goes in the oven, but with this creation it goes in the microwave for only 1 minute.
I actually put it in for 3 minutes and after a minute realized it had grown to be a beast.
It popped right out of the container and I was shocked at the size.

That's a large pottery mug sitting next to it for measuring purposes, I told you it was HUGE! 
 Take the remaining protein powder and almond milk and mix together to create an icing. Pour over top and ENJOY!
The nutritional information is awesome, such a great clean treat!
Calories - 311
Fat - 4g 
Carbohydrates - 36g 
Sugar - 1g
Protein - 36g


No comments:

Post a Comment