Sunday, January 29, 2012

Delicious Quinoa Breakfast Delight!

So this is my new favourite breakfast item! 
It's absolutely amazing, and the perfect beginning to get your morning started.
What you need: 

Cooked quinoa - I eat a recommended serving of 1/2 cup
Pecans or your favourite kind of nuts
1/2 Granny smith apple
Splash of almond milk 
1 tsp Agave nectar

The above measurements don't have to be precise because you can adjust it to your taste buds. If you've already pre-made the quinoa, which I recommend, then be sure to throw the granny smiths in the quinoa before you microwave it. The apples warm up and make it even more wonderful, throwing them in at the end is fine, but I love hot apples!
I also bought unsalted, natural pumpkin seeds to throw in to mix it up instead of pecans, etc.

I love quinoa for the simple fact that it's literally a powerhouse of protein, fiber, and iron. It's amazing because with a little serving it fills you up like oatmeal does, without all the heavy gluten properties. 



No comments:

Post a Comment