Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Banana Buckwheat Bread



I had some rotting bananas sitting on my counter that I had to get rid of today, so either I ditched them in the trash or I ditched them into some yummy bread! 
I found this recipe that I modified a bit to make it more fun and more healthy. This recipe is not completely organic because a.) It's ridiculously expensive and b.) I didn't have all the ingredients. 

What you need: 

2 cups - Buckwheat flour
3/4 tsp - Baking soda
1 tsp - Nutmeg
Sprinkles of cinnamon
1/2 cup - Sucanat sugar
1/4 cup - melted organic butter
1 cup - Ripe bananas
1/3 cup - plain yogurt
1 egg
1/3 cup - ground flax seeds
1 tbsp - Agave nectar 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease your loaf pan with coconut oil (or whatever you like) 
Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and flax seeds. 


Mix together the wet ingredients- bananas, melted butter, yogurt, egg, agave, and almond milk. 



Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix together. 
Pour into a loaf pan and sprinkle some sucanat sugar, cinnamon and flax seed on top for decoration and extra taste! 


Bake in the oven for about an hour, or until it gets a bit golden brown, and you can stick a fork into it and it comes out clean! 


Enjoy with some organic butter spread on top or some organic honey, YUM! : )

Much love,

Em





No comments:

Post a Comment